Thursday, October 14, 2010

Like a will that takes effect when someone dies, the new covenant was put into action at Jesus' death. His death marked the transition from the old plan to the new one, canceling the old obligations and accompanying sins, and summoning the heirs to receive the eternal inheritance that was promised them. He brought together God and his people in this new way.

Hebrews 9:16 (The Message)

Boy! What a difference a month makes! It’s hard for me to believe that I’ve been in Fillmore for two weeks already. The girls and I have unpacked almost everything and we are all starting to settle into routine. Both Cassie and Bailey really enjoy their schools and are quickly making friends. Kimy was hired at Houghton College and is now the Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the Chapel. I have fully moved into the pastor’s office at church and have all my books on the shelves (they are nowhere near any kind of order, but they are up!). I have met with several of the ministers from around the area and have had a few of the Fillmore Faithful stop by my office to offer warm greetings and sincere welcomes. I even received a big ole bag of squash and apples and 1½ dozen fresh farm raised eggs! Yep, what a difference a month makes!

It goes without saying that I have met some pretty great people, but perhaps the coolest of them is the awesome staff I get to see on a daily basis. Both Pastors Alicia and Mike are beautiful Christian people that I absolutely love working with! We have met together for two staff meetings and I keep discovering just how in tune with FWC and Jesus they truly are. I praise the Lord God Almighty for His foresight in choosing these wonderful people to serve the Fillmore Faithfull with me. We are truly blessed to have such dedicated people behind the scenes working to meet the needs of God’s people and the expansion of His Kingdom!

We started a new sermon series for October called “transitions: when God calls”. The first message was based on the story of Elijah calling Elisha. The main point was to follow when called and not to worry about all the other things you think you need to do instead. Please join me in thanking Laura & Jim Wardell and Pastor Mike and Ben for their leading of worship this last week-end. This coming Sunday we will look at Gideon and how he responded to being called by God when he saw himself as a poor choice to be a mighty warrior. Next Sunday is about the vision Paul had to go to the people of Macedonia. Then, on the 31st, I will speak about how Jesus made the ultimate transition in order to bring us to God. That Sunday will also be Communion. Please pray with me that Jesus will receive all the praise and honor from this series and that people will be challenged to follow Jesus and His plan for their lives!

No comments: